Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Woeful Wednesday

I wanted some high-quality sick person comfort knitting, so I picked out some Shetland Aran in an oatmealy sheep colour and got going on some sideways garter stitch mitts.

Cuff edge

I trimmed the cuff with the easiest of easy lace edgings, which looks fascinating and sculptural in a sturdy yarn at this gauge.

Thumb gusset

I short-rowed a thumb gusset that closely resembles my regular in-the-round one, only sideways.

Tragedy!

It wasn't until I had already started the second mitt that I realized I'd used just over three-quarters of my available yarn to finish just over one-half of the total knitting.

If anyone needs me, I'll be unknitting in the corner. Heh.

1 comment:

Ühltje said...

So what is the yarn? Maybe someone has some for you. Jamieson's Soft Shetland perhaps?